Saturday, October 27, 2012

Alicia's Card Sketch Challenge October.


I've been having a go at a few challenges lately. It's a great way to get motived after not Scrapbooking and Cardmaking for some time. I haven't been organised enough to post photos of the finished layouts but they are done which is the main thing. I'm happy about that.
 
I've been reorganising my papercraft desk area (yes I hear you, it's an endless task) so that I can easily use the tools and supplies without the drama of digging through chaos to find something to use. My desk work area is on a wall at the end of the garage. Right next to the most used door in the entire house. Not the ideal place when 3 sets of small hands with curious fingers pass by several times a day. It's apparently also the perfect place to accumulate everyones belongings as they pass by.  
 
My Cuttlebug is now at arms length with all its accessories close by. My clear stamps are in a cute little box all lined up waiting to be used. Inks, ribbons, flowers etc all have their own homes. It's a great feeling to know that it's done. I wonder how long it lasts?
 
Cuttlebug at arms length.
 
Clear Stamps all lined up ready to use.
 
Alicia's Scrapbook Fantasies Card Sketch Challenge for October using the signature colour purple.




Close up.
 Products used are
-Cardstock-Bazzil x 2 shades of purple and Kraft.
-Patterened Paper-doublesided-'Fabscraps High Tea Garden Party'.
-Template-TCW-Bricks.
-Ink-Versa Color-Voilet.
-Stamps-(Penny Farthing Bike and Lace Trim)-Kaisercraft 'Miss Match'.
               (Lots Of Love)-Docrafts-Papermania-'Birdsong'.
-Ric Rac-Purple Sparkley
-Twine-Black and White.
-Flowers-unknown.
-Buttons-unknown.
 
Can you believe that I didn't have much purple to work with? Not sure if it's because I'm not really drawn to purple when purchasing papers or the fact that a number of people around me love that particular colour and I've used it all up to make birthday cards. Anyway I popped into the shop to get a few papers to add my collection just in case.
 
Loving my new stamps recently purchased from Scrapbook Fantasies too. I've been looking for a bike stamp for little while and just had to get it. I also think the brick wall template might get a bit of a workout on my layouts in the future too.
 
I need to work on my photography and cropping skills. Yes natural light might also help.
Practice makes perfect right????
 
Cheers, Shell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment