Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Making Ribbon Embellishments.

On a recent camping trip instead of taking books to read (on the odd chance that I'd get a spare minute to myself.) I took an "Assorted Pack of Ribbons and Trims" and a needle, thread and scissors to make some flowers to use on future scrapbooking and cardmaking projects.


Handmade Ribbon and Trim Embellishments.

Using an "Assorted Ribbon and Trim Pack" from Scrapbook Fantasies
I simply cut the 1/2 metre lengths of ribbon into thirds (I prefer to use odd numbers of flowers on projects) and using a needle and thread handstitch along one edge of a length of ribbon and gather until it looks like a flower of sorts. Sew the ends together so they stay put and there you go.
Multiple flowers can be layered and either stitched or glued.
Buttons, beads and sequins added to the centres would also look great.
I you have or know of someone with little girls
these would look great on hairbands or hairclips as well.

I also have a Birthday Card to share that I made for my Dad recently.

Happy Birthday 2 U Card
Products Used:
Cardstock-Bazzill-Black
Patterned Papers-(unknown)(old)
Stamp-Heidi Swapp(old)
Ribbon (Assorted)
American Thickers
Ink-Staz On Black
Cuttlebug-die cuts

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment